Our values shape our vision, guide our daily decision-making, and signal to the world what to expect when you encounter Global Fund for Children. GFC is committed to ensuring that its work and its team members are held to a high standard. We believe that, through effective attention to and management of compliments and complaints, we can identify opportunities to improve and grow as an organization. GFC adheres to the following principles when handling compliments and complaints:
- GFC recognizes that compliments and complaints are an important part of relationships and that feedback is critical to growth and learning.
- The procedure must be fair, as transparent as possible, and accessible to all regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, belief, youth status, or sexual orientation.
- Making a complaint in good faith must not harm or prejudice the service or support that is given to the complainant.
- Complaints made in good faith need to be overseen with sensitivity and investigated within the agreed time frame.
- Complainants should receive a timely and appropriate response, in accordance with our policies and in adherence to relevant jurisdictional regulatory requirements.
- Complainants must be treated with respect and courtesy and receive appropriate support throughout the handling of the complaint.
- Action must be taken where necessary in light of the outcome of the complaint. This might include an explanation or an apology and, if relevant and permissible, information on any action taken.
- Learning from compliments and complaints should be used to improve GFC’s work and drive forward a culture of continuous improvement.
If you want to share a compliment
If you have positive comments about our work or how we have helped you, please email [email protected] so we can track that feedback and act on it where necessary.
If you have a safeguarding concern
GFC is deeply committed to protecting those most at risk and to acting as a role model for child- and youth-serving organizations. If your complaint or concern involves safeguarding, please contact [email protected]. Our Global Safeguarding Policy reflects our commitment to respect, promote, uphold, and protect the rights of the child as set out in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and in line with GFC values. You may review GFC’s safeguarding policy at https://globalfundforchildren.org/safeguarding-policy.
If you have a general complaint regarding GFC
If a complaint is about GFC, then there are three stages that can be used to try to resolve the problem. If a complaint is about the CEO, it should be addressed directly to the chair of the Global Board of Directors or the chair of the UK Trust Board of Trustees (marked private and confidential), which are ultimately responsible as trustees of the organization.
Stage 1 (informal)
- To make an initial complaint (Stage 1), please speak to or email the individual(s) concerned or their line manager. They will review your complaint and let you know of any remedial action that is to be taken.
- If you don’t know whom to contact or do not wish to contact the individual involved,
please email [email protected].
- All complaints will be acknowledged by the staff member to whom you communicated your complaint or by the organization within seven business days of receipt.
- For us to resolve your issue to the best of our ability, please include as much detail as possible regarding your complaint, including any relevant communications or documentation.
Stage 2 (formally registering a complaint)
- If you are not satisfied with the response you receive at Stage 1, or you would prefer your complaint to be formally reviewed, you can request that your complaint be escalated to Stage 2, either through your contact at Stage 1 or directly at [email protected].
- You can submit the details of your complaint verbally by telephone at +1-202-331-9003 or +44 2039 293730 or in written form by emailing [email protected].
- Your complaint will be acknowledged within seven business days of receipt.
- A senior leader or human resources personnel member will be assigned to investigate your complaint.
- You will receive a written response once the investigation has been completed.
- If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you will be given the option to appeal (Stage 3).
Stage 3 (appeal)
- To appeal, please outline the reasons for your dissatisfaction in writing or electronically to the Senior Director of Operations and Governance or the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- This will be the final decision of the complaints process and will ensure the Senior Director of Operations and Governance or the CEO has reviewed the investigation and made any further inquiries, as relevant.
- The Senior Director of Operations and Governance or the CEO will provide a written response once the appeal review has been completed.
In the United Kingdom – Fundraising Regulator
If you are dissatisfied with Global Fund for Children UK Trust’s response to your fundraising complaint, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator (https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/) to access its independent complaints procedure.
In the United Kingdom – Charity Commission
If you are dissatisfied with Global Fund for Children UK Trust’s complaints process, you can contact the Charity Commission, which will be able to discuss whether it is able to advise on the matter: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/About_us/Contacting_us/default.aspx.