1. By accessing any webpage operated by the Global Fund for Children (“GFC”), you indicate your agreement to the following terms and conditions of usage. If you do not agree to any of these provisions, please do not use the websites operated by GFC. GFC is made up of different legal entities, including The Global Fund for Children UK Trust and The Global Fund for Children HK Limited (together, the “GFC Group”). These terms and conditions are issued on behalf of the GFC Group so when we mention “GFC“, “we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions, we are referring to the relevant company in the GFC Group.
2. GFC reserves the right to change, modify, add, or delete portions of these terms at any time. From time to time, GFC may change, modify, add, or delete portions of these terms and conditions, and you must consult the most recent version of these terms and conditions each time you view the website.
Ownership, Copyright, and Trademark Information
3. All materials on the websites operated by GFC, including but not limited to images, text, data, graphics, sounds, videos, software, and other forms and formats now known or later invented (hereinafter “Contents”), are the intellectual property of, or being used with permission by, GFC. You may view, copy, and/or print the Contents for your personal, noncommercial entertainment, information, and education, subject to the following prohibitions:
4. Except as indicated in paragraph 3 above, you may not reproduce, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, license, publicly perform, display, modify, create derivative works from, or use or exploit the Contents of any website operated by GFC. Your unauthorized use of any portion of the Contents of a GFC-operated website may infringe upon the rights of GFC or of third parties not affiliated with GFC, and may result in civil and/or criminal liability. Except as indicated in paragraph 3 above, nothing in these terms and conditions should be construed as conferring any right to use or manipulate trademarked or copyrighted Contents of a GFC website.
5. GFC reserves the right, without any limitation whatsoever, to investigate any suspected breaches of its website security, internal information technology systems, or of these terms and conditions. GFC further reserves the right to involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in any investigation, and to prosecute any violations of these terms, applicable laws or common law rights, to the fullest extent possible under applicable laws.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Indemnification
6. The Contents of all websites operated by GFC are provided as is and as available, without express or implied warranty as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. To the greatest extent allowed by applicable law, GFC disclaims any warranty that the Contents of any page will be available on an uninterrupted or error-free basis; that defects will be corrected; that Contents of the sites are accurate as of any particular date; and that GFC’s websites or the server that makes them available are free of computer viruses or other harmful components or conditions. GFC will not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising from your use of its websites. However, in certain states the law may not allow GFC to limit or exclude liability for certain of these damages. In any case, GFC’s liability for all losses, damages, injuries, and claims of any kind, resulting from claims brought under any legal theory, shall not be greater than the amount you have paid to access GFC-operated websites.
7. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each member of the GFC Group from and against any and all claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, caused to be levied or brought by any party and arising from or related to your use of any GFC-operated website.
Special Uses: Online Store and Donations
User Comments, Feedback, Submissions, and Postings
9. You agree to grant GFC the non-exclusive and unlimited right to reprint, use directly, or make derivative use of any comments, feedback, submissions, or other information communicated to GFC through its websites (hereinafter “Feedback”). GFC shall not be required to treat Feedback as confidential, and shall be entitled to use Feedback for any commercial or noncommercial purpose permitted to it without compensation to you or any other person contributing to Feedback. You acknowledge by submitting Feedback that you own whatever content you submit, and that GFC’s use of your Feedback will not infringe upon the rights of any third person.
Links from GFC Websites
10. Websites operated by GFC may contain links to other websites that are not under GFC’s control. GFC is not responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or any other aspect of the content of those websites. The inclusion of any links does not imply an endorsement or approval by GFC of any website, product, or service.
Links to GFC Websites
11. You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable right to create hyperlinks to websites operated by GFC, subject to the following conditions:
Revisions to GFC-Operated Websites
12. GFC reserves the right to make changes, modifications, additions to, and deletions from the Content available on its websites at any time, at its discretion. This right includes but is not limited to the right to discontinue for perpetuity or any limited period the availability of any websites, and of any products and services offered on its websites.
13. These terms and conditions, and any dispute arising under them, shall be construed and resolved under the laws of the United States of America and of the State of North Carolina. If any provision of these terms and conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions shall not be affected.
14. Your access to any and all GFC-operated websites may be terminated by GFC immediately without notice if it is believed, in GFC’s sole discretion, that you have failed to comply with any of the foregoing terms and conditions. In the event that your access to GFC-operated websites is terminated, you must cease use of such websites and destroy any Content you have obtained from the websites.
15. If you have any questions about our General Terms and Conditions or don’t see your concerns addressed here, please contact us by email at [email protected] or write to:
Postal address: Global Fund for Children
1411 K St., NW, Suite 1200
Washington, DC 20005 USA
Telephone number: +1 (202) 331-9003
Fax number: +1 (202) 331-9004
General Terms and Conditions last revised October 15, 2019.
Global Fund for Children (GFC) UK Trust, created in 2006, is a UK registered charity (UK charity number 1119544). We work to generate vital income, create new fundraising opportunities, and raise awareness of the invaluable work of GFC’s grassroots grantees. Our aim is to extend the reach of GFC in the United Kingdom, Europe, and beyond.
Work.Life, 4 Crown Place
London EC2A 4BT